The University of Winnipeg Entrance Awards will be automatically offered to new international students entering studies at the University of Winnipeg following graduation from a high school outside of Canada. These entrance scholarships will be offered automatically during the regular admissions application process; a separate scholarship application is not required. All international students must meet the award conditions to qualify. The application deadline is February 01, 2023.
Requirements for University of Winnipeg Entrance Awards
To be eligible for awards, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must have a minimum 85% grade average from the grade 12 high school courses used for general admission.
- Not have attended any other post-secondary institute previously other than for the purposes of dual credit high school/post-secondary courses.
- Students admitted on letters of permission or on post-secondary transfer credits from other post-secondary institutions will not be eligible.
- Submit a UWinnipeg admission application no more than 6 months following high school graduation.
- Submit a completed application for admission, including all application fees and all supporting documentation, no later than the award eligibility deadline for the desired first term of study.
- Have not have been selected for other UWinnipeg entrance awards. New international students with multiple UWinnipeg award offers will receive one entrance award, whichever has the greatest value.
- Once selected to receive an International Special Entrance Scholarship, students must register for the following minimum number of credit hours according to their first term of study:
- Fall term start: Register for a minimum of 9 credit hours in both fall and winter terms within the first academic year.
- Winter term start: Register for a minimum of 9 credit hours in the winter term and either a minimum of 6 credit hours of 6-8 weeks in duration in the following spring term; or a minimum 9 credit hours in the next fall term.
- Spring term start: Register for a minimum of 6 credit hours of 6-8 weeks in duration in the following spring term; or a minimum 9 credit hours in the next fall term.
How to Apply
Complete your application for admission by the specified deadline below. You will be automatically assessed for this scholarship. No additional steps are required. Visit the award page to submit your application.
For more details, visit University of Winnipeg award website.
If you like this article on “University of Winnipeg Entrance Awards”, share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.