About This Terms of Service
The AfricaX Terms of Service (TOS) contract is an electronic agreement between you (“you,” “your,” and “yourself”) and AfricaX. By using the website or registering with us (our “Services”), you are agreeing to and may use our Services as long as you comply with the TOS. We may occasionally change these TOS, so we encourage you to review them periodically. The most current version of the TOS, along with the effective date, will be indicated. If you continue to use the website after we change the TOS, you accept all changes.
To use our services, you must:
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations and not participate in, facilitate, or further illegal activities;
- Immediately notify us if you learn of a security breach or other illegal activities on the Service;
- Protect your username and password;
- Not post content that contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts or is threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another person’s privacy, or tortuous;
- Not engage in activities that are harmful to us, our customers, advertisers, affiliates, vendors, or anyone else;
- Not use any automated process to access or use the Services or any process, whether automated or manual, to capture data or content from our Service for any reason; and
- Not use any process to damage, disable, impair, or otherwise attack AfricaX.
- To prevent violations, enforce this TOS and re-mediate any violations, we can take any technical, legal, and other action that we deem, in our sole discretion, necessary and appropriate without notice to you.
You are responsible for obtaining, at your own expense, all equipment and services needed to access our Services. If you are accessing our Services by a mobile device, your wireless carrier may charge you fees for data, text messaging, and other wireless access or communications services. We do not guarantee that our mobile Services can be accessed through all wireless devices or service plans or are available in all geographical locations.
If you chose to store authentication information, such as a username and password, where others may access it, we are not responsible for any loss of personal data or other consequences if someone other than you uses that information to access our Services. If you lose a device, such as a laptop, desktop, or smartphone, or a device is stolen containing your username and password, it is up to you to take all the steps necessary to protect yourself.
Acceptable Use Policy
AfricaX expects all of its users to be respectful to other people. If you notice any violation of this Acceptable Use Policy or other unacceptable behaviour by any user, you should report such activity to AfricaX at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are solely responsible for any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“Content”) you post on the Service or transmit to other users and agree that you will not hold AfricaX liable for any Content from other users that you access on the Service.
The categories of prohibited Content listed below are merely examples and are not intended to be exhaustive. AfricaX will make the sole determination as to whether or not any Content is acceptable for the Service. Without limitation, you agree that you will not post or transmit to other users any Content that:
- is defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane or offensive;
- infringes or violates another party’s intellectual property rights (such as music, videos, photos or other materials for which you do not have written authority from the owner of such materials to post on the Service);
- violates any party’s right of publicity or right of privacy;
- is threatening, harassing or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- promotes or encourages violence;
- is inaccurate, false or misleading in any way;
- is illegal or promotes any illegal activities;
- contains personal information of any party such as phone numbers, addresses, license plate numbers etc.;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- contains any advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
You understand that when using the Service, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that AfricaX is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. If you do so object, you should not use the Service.
Termination of Access
This Service may contain links to other websites not maintained by us. These links may include listings that can provide you with further information or that have been included in materials uploaded to the Service by a party other than AfricaX. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Service and to read the terms and conditions and privacy statements of every website you visit. We are not responsible for the practices or the Content of such other websites or services. Despite any links that might exist on the Service, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with such third parties.
Our Proprietary Rights
The website, including all Content made available on or accessed through the Service, is provided “as is” and we make no representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever for the Content on the website.
You may not use or allow others to use your username on a Service to e-mail, instant message, voice mail, fax, chat, send spam (e-mail) and spim (instant messages), or send any other unsolicited bulk communication. You may not access the Services to harvest or collect any information about our users for any purpose without our express written authorization. You may not create multiple usernames for sending unsolicited bulk communications, posting advertisements or other notice on any Service. Any violation of these provisions may result in immediate termination of your account and legal action.