Are you graduating from high school in 2023 and interested in pursuing computer science degree program in a university in Canada? Apply for our $30,000 CAD scholarship, plus the opportunity for a paid summer internship at Amazon. The Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship is aimed at inspiring and educating students from underserved and underrepresented communities to pursue a future in computer science. The scholarship program provides students with an opportunity to upgrade their careers with a yearly scholarship for up to four years.
The Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship provides students with an opportunity to upgrade their careers with a $7,500 CAD/year scholarship available for up to four years. Successful applicants will also have an opportunity for a paid summer internship at Amazon at the end of their first year of post-secondary education. The application deadline is April 26, 2023.
The Amazon Future Engineer Internship Experience
Winners of the Amazon Future Engineer scholarship in Canada receive access to a paid internship related to your field of study after your first year at university. While working at Amazon, Amazon Future Engineer interns work on a software engineering team to build projects that have real impact on Amazon customers. Interns might work on some of Amazon’s groundbreaking technologies and core platforms, like Alexa voice technology, Amazon Web Services, and the Amazon retail platform. At the end of the summer, most interns ship production-level code to Amazon.
Eligibility Requirements for Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship Qualification
To be eligible, you must meet the criteria below:
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Graduating high school (outside of Quebec) or CEGEP (in Quebec) in 2023
- Entering full time studies in a first bachelor starting fall 2023
- Pursuing a degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, robotics, or other computer-science-related field of study (you can get a list of eligible degrees by visiting the application page)
- Have a minimum average of 75% over the last three terms of available marks. Non-academic courses such as career or personal development related courses will not be considered
- Demonstrate financial need
A portion of the scholarships awarded will be reserved for applicants from communities which are underrepresented in computer science.
How to Apply for the Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship
To submit your application, visit the application page and follow the instruction below
- Click the “Apply Now” button on the official website to proceed to the application portal.
- Create an account and sign in using the temporary password you receive by email.
- Click on the “Search for Public Scholarships” tile on the home page.
- Search for “Amazon Future Engineer” or scroll down to select “Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship” from the list.
For more details on the scholarship, visit the scholarship page.
If you like this article on “The Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship”, share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.