The IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Awards Programme honors exceptional Ph.D. students who have an interest in solving problems that are important to IBM and fundamental to innovation in many areas of study. Fellows may work as interns, and be matched with IBM mentors with common research interests. The application deadline is November 05, 2022.
About the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Awards Programme
The IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Awards Program is an intensely competitive worldwide program, which honors exceptional Ph.D. students who have an interest in solving problems that are important to IBM and fundamental to innovation in many academic disciplines and areas of study. This includes pioneering work in:
- cognitive computing and augmented intelligence;
- quantum computing;
- data-centric systems;
- advanced analytics;
- radical cloud innovation;
- next-generation silicon (and beyond) and
- brain-inspired devices and infrastructure.
Eligible Fields of Study
Focus areas include the following topics of particular interest:
- Hybrid Cloud
- Quantum Computing / Quantum Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud / Open Source Technologies
- Security / Cyber Security
- Data Science
Eligibility Criteria for the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Awards Programme
All fellows must
- be nominated by a doctoral faculty member; students cannot nominate themselves.
- be enrolled full-time in a PhD program over the two consecutive academic years of the award or forfeit the fellowship.
- have three years remaining in their program at the time of nomination so the fellowship can be applied to the last two years of study.
- stay in the same program for the duration of the award —no transferring of departments or schools.
You are not eligible if you are
- from U.S. embargoed countries
- receiving a comparable fellowship, internship, or support from another company or institution (exception for academic scholarships) during the IBM PhD Fellowship funding period are ineligible for this award.
IBM will select award recipients based on their overall potential for research excellence, the degree to which their technical interests align with those of IBM, and their progress to-date, as evidenced by publications and endorsements from their faculty advisor and department head.
For more information about the fellowship and to access the nomination form, visit the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Awards Programme’s website.
Start the discussion at community.africaextended.com