The application is now open for the Apple Entrepreneur Camp for Black Founders. This is a A one-on-one technology lab for underrepresented founders and developers with app-driven businesses.. The application deadline is December 5, 2022.
About The Apple Entrepreneur Camp for Black Founders
Apple Entrepreneur Camp consists of an immersive technology lab, as well as guidance, education, and support. Successful organizations will receive the following free of charge:
- One-on-one code-level guidance from Apple engineers.
- Ongoing support from an Apple Developer representative for at least one year.
- One year of membership in the Apple Developer Program.
- Access to the Apple Entrepreneur Camp alumni network, a world-class group of inspiring and ambitious leaders.
The Camp experience begins with an immersive technology lab, where you’ll receive one-on-one code-level guidance from Apple experts and engineers to help you improve your app, as well as mentorship, inspiration, and insights from top Apple leaders. After the lab concludes, you’ll get ongoing support and become part of a growing community of other exceptional alumni who can help you build your business.
The heart of Apple Entrepreneur Camp is an intensive technology lab, where you’ll work one on one with Apple experts and engineers to significantly accelerate your app. You’ll also hear from Apple executives and have the opportunity to form relationships with your fellow attendees. At the conclusion of the lab, you’ll present your progress, get feedback, and chat with some of Apple’s most senior leaders.
Applications are accepted from developers worldwide and up to three members of your organization may attend. To be eligible to apply:
- Your organization must have:
- A Black founder, co-founder, or CEO;
- A Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous, or female* developer proficient in Swift or Objective-C; and
- An existing app on the App Store or a functional beta build in TestFlight, or the equivalent.
- The Black founder, co-founder, or CEO; the Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous, or female developer; and another colleague (if applicable) must each be 18 years of age or older, proficient in English, and able to attend together for the entire duration of the lab.
The application consists of four parts, which include uploads and prompts for written responses.
- Organization details. Tell Apple about your organization and provide contact information for up to three colleagues who would attend if your organization is selected.
- Your app. Provide details about your app and development team. You may include a download or demo link, as well as up to three screenshots or wireframes that best illustrate the user experience.
- The future. Describe what you’d like to gain from participating in Apple Entrepreneur Camp, as well as your plans for the future.
- Additional information. Select the dates for which you’d like to apply and provide any additional comments.
Your application will be kept on file for one year.
For more information about the program and to submit your application, visit the website of the Apple Entrepreneur Camp 2023 for Black Founders.