Research shows that founders from underrepresented communities face unique challenges, especially when starting and leading technology companies. Apple created the Apple Entrepreneur Camp 2022 with the goal of supporting these founders as they build the next generation of cutting-edge apps. This will help Apple to form a global network that encourages the pipeline and longevity of underrepresented founders and developers in technology. The program includes cohorts for female, Black, and Hispanic/Latinx founders and developers from underrepresented communities. The application deadline is November 28th, 2021.
About The Apple Entrepreneur Camp 2022
Apple Entrepreneur Camp consists of an immersive technology lab, as well as guidance, education, and support. Successful organizations will receive the following free of charge:
- One-on-one code-level guidance from Apple engineers.
- Ongoing support from an Apple Developer representative for at least one year.
- One year of membership in the Apple Developer Program
- Access to the Apple Entrepreneur Camp alumni network, a world-class group of inspiring and ambitious leaders
Applications are accepted from developers worldwide and up to three members of your organization may attend. To be eligible to apply:
- Your organization must have a:
- Black founder, cofounder, or CEO;
- Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous, or female* developer proficient in Swift or Objective-C; and
- developed app or functional build that you can demo live.
- The Black founder, cofounder, or CEO, the Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous, or female* developer, and another colleague (if applicable) must each be 18 years of age or older, proficient in English, and able to attend together for the entire duration of the lab.
The application consists of four parts, which include uploads and prompts for written responses.
- Organization details. You will need to talk about your organization and provide contact information for up to three colleagues who would attend if your organization is selected.
- Your app. Provide details about your app and development team. You may include a download or demo link, as well as up to three screenshots or wireframes that best illustrate the user experience.
- The future. You will need to describe what you would like to gain from participating in Apple Entrepreneur Camp, as well as your plans for the future.
- Additional information. Select the dates for which you would like to apply and provide any additional comments.
To submit your application, visit the Apple Entrepreneur Camp website.
If you like this article “Apple Entrepreneur Camp 2022”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.