Government of Quebec releases details of new pilot program. This is for people looking to migrate to Quebec. The three pilot permanent immigration programs will be implemented in early 2021. The draft regulation relating to the implementation of three new permanent immigration pilot programs was published on October 28, 2020 in the Gazette officielle du Québec.
Over the next 45 days, the government intends to gather comments on these programs before their official implementation.
The three new permanent immigration pilot programs are:
- the pilot program for orderlies;
- pilot program for workers in the artificial intelligence (AI), information technologies (IT) and visual effects sectors;
- the pilot program for workers in food processing (FP).
In addition, the government announced major improvements to the application intake process for the Program for Refugees Abroad, or Collective sponsorship. Also, there are new regulations for the Self-Employed Worker Program and the Entrepreneur Program.
Benefits of the New Pilot Programs
Through these new pilot programs, the government of Quebec aims to attract and retain people whose skills meet the specific needs of the Quebec labour market. In addition, it will help to address labour shortages in three key areas. The three pilot programs will come into effect after a 45-day consultation period.
The New Pilot Programs
- The pilot program for orderlies: This will allow up to 550 principal applicants per year to be selected to work as attendant care workers in Quebec. Accompanying family members will also receive selection certificates under this program.
- The pilot program for workers in food processing: This will provide a pathway to permanent immigration for temporary foreign workers working in the food processing sector. It will also be a five-year program under which up to 550 eligible workers and their families will be selected each year.
- The third pilot program covers the artificial intelligence, information technology and visual effects sectors. This will last five years and will select up to 550 people and their families.
The selection will be equally distributed between the artificial intelligence sector and the other two sectors. This pilot project is to both attract international talent working in these sectors. Also, it will ensure the retention of those who are already in Quebec on a temporary basis.
READ ALSO: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE SASKATCHEWAN IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM
Application processing times and improvements to immigration programs
Two ministerial orders were issued to determine the number of applications that will be received in the economic immigration programs for the coming year. These decisions include:
- There is a limit of 50 permanent selection applications under the Self-Employed Program. This is for the period from November 1, 2020, to September 30, 2021.
- Government will accept a limit of 25 permanent selection applications under the first stream of the Entrepreneur Program from November 1, 2020 to September 30, 2021.
- The second stream of the entrepreneur program will not be available next year. This will allow the government to improve it.
- Criteria in effect for immigration candidates who filed a declaration of interest in Arrima to apply for selection under the Regular Skilled Worker Program have also been renewed. This is in effect until November 1, 2021
In addition, the government introduced a new mechanism and a new intake period for applications under the Program for Refugees Abroad. The government will process a maximum of 750 applications for group sponsorships. This will be for group between two and five people from April 6 to May 5, 2021.
Also, a new mechanism is in place to allow the online submission of sponsorship applications. The government will randomly select the applications through a draw. The government will not process the intake of sponsorship applications for organizations until November 1, 2021.
If you like this article “Government of Quebec Releases Details of New Pilot Program”, share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.