There are certain files and apps on your phone that you don’t want anyone to see if they use your phone for security reasons. You can do this by using the Samsung secure folder on your phone. The folder comes automatically with your mobile device and does not need any installation. In this article, I will share tips on how to hide files and apps using Samsung secure folder option. This article will provide the complete steps on how to enable the Samsung secure folder on your device and how to use the option to hide files and apps.
How to Enable the Samsung Secure Folder
Samsung secure folders is an app that allows you to hide an app or file on your Samsung device. But in order to do that, you will first need to enable the folder on your mobile device. The feature is available for Android 7.0 and it comes pre-installed on your Samsung device. You can download the app on the Galaxy Store or the Google Play Store if it is not on your mobile device. To enable the Samsung secure folder, follow the steps below:
- On your mobile device, open the Settings App.
- From the option provided, click “Biometrics and Security” or you can search for it using the search icon.
- Once it opens, click “Secure Folder”.
- The next step is to create a “Samsung Account”.
- Agree to the terms and condition.
- From the space provided, enter your account details.
- Choose the security method you would like to use; it can be pin or pattern or password.
- If you choose the pin lock method, enter the pin you would like to use.
- Confirm the pin.
The secure folder will be added to your home screen. However, for further security, you can hide the secure folder from your home screen. Follow the steps below to do that
- Open the Settings app on your device
- Click “biometrics and Security” from the options provided
- Select “Secure Folder”
- Click the “Show icon on Apps screen”
- Once you are done with that select “Hide”
With these steps, you have successfully hidden the Secure folder but there will be some steps needed to access the secure folder after you have hidden it. To reveal the quick panel, from the top of the screen, swipe then with your two fingers. Swipe right and then click “+”. Again swipe right and drop the security folder into the quick panel.
How to Hide Files and Apps Using Samsung Secure Folder Option
If you are confused about what you need to do, follow the steps below
- To begin open the Secure Folder
- Click on the three dots and then select “Add files” or you can just click the “+” symbol
- From the option provided, select the type of file you would like to add
- Different files will be presented to you click the one you would like to add
- Tap done
- Choose if you want to move or copy the file; choosing move will automatically move the original file while choosing copy will create another copy of the file
There is also another method to use but it is applicable with Samsung made app. In this method, you move files directly from where they are saved on your mobile device. The apps that can be used can be “Gallery” or “My Files”. You will find below the steps you need to take
- To begin open an official Samsung app
- Click the item you would like to move
- In the bottom right corner, you will a menu in the form of three dots click on it
- Select “Move to Secure Folder”
To move an app to the Secure Folder, follow the steps below
- Open the Secure Folder App to begin
- Click the “+” symbol or click “Add Apps”
- From the different apps provided select the app, you would like to add or if the app is not on your mobile device you can download it directly from the Play Store or Galaxy Store
- Select “Add”
These are the steps you need to move apps or files to your Samsung secure folder. Just follow the steps accordingly and you will successfully carry out the process with ease.
If you like this article “How to Hide Files and Apps Using Samsung Secure Folder Option”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.