One of the most used social media platforms and way to communicate is WhatsApp because of its amazing features. One of the amazing features of WhatsApp is its privacy setting. You can use it to hide your online presence. In this article, I will share some tips on how to appear offline on your WhatsApp profile when you are online.
How to Appear Offline on WhatsApp
Method 1: Setting Up Last Seen
So, below is a way to appear offline on WhatsApp when you are online.
- To begin, open the WhatsApp application on Your internet-connected device
- Next, select the drop-down list of options located in the top right corner and select “Setting” for android. While for iOS devices, click the “Settings’ toggle located in the bottom left.
- Once done, head over to “Account”
- From the various options, click on “Privacy”
- On the next page, You will see a lot of options, click on “Last Seen”
- Finally, select “Nobody” to complete the process.
Method Two: Clear WhatsApp from Your Device’s Recent Apps
There is another method on how to appear offline on WhatsApp when you are online. Below, You will get the steps You need.
For Android Users
If you are Android phone user, follow the steps below
- On Your Phone, go to settings
- Head over to apps
- Select WhatsApp
- Next, select data usage, disable data usage or mobile data, disable background data and disable Wi-Fi as well.
- Lastly, clear WhatsApp from Recent apps
For iPhone/iOS Device
If you are iOS device user, follow the steps below
- Firstly, go to settings
- Secondly, scroll down and open WhatsApp
- Thirdly, open it and deselect mobile data and background app refresh
- Finally, clear WhatsApp from the recent app
You should know that iOS and iPhone users can’t disable Wi-Fi for apps on their device. So, you should consider switching it off.
If you like this article “How to Appear Offline on WhatsApp When You are Online”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Start the discussion at community.africaextended.com