Eligibility Criteria for the Yale Drama Series
Below are the eligibility criteria for the Yale Drama Series International Prize 2022 for Emerging Playwrights
- This contest is restricted to plays written in the English language. The series accepts worldwide submissions.
- Submissions must be original, unpublished full-length plays written in English. The Series will not accept translations, musicals, adaptations, and children’s plays. The Yale Drama Series is to support emerging playwrights. Playwrights may win the competition only once.
- Playwrights may submit only one manuscript per year.
- Plays that have been professionally produced or published are not eligible. Plays that have had a workshop, reading, or non-professional production or that have been published as an actor’s edition will be considered.
- The plays may not be under option, commissioned, or scheduled for professional production or publication at the time of submission.
- You must type your plays, number each page and it must be in standard professional play format.
Terms and Conditions
The Yale Drama Series reserves the right to reject any manuscript for any reason. Also, the Yale Drama Series reserves the right of the judge to not choose a winner for any given year of the competition and reserves the right to determine the ineligibility of a winner, in keeping with the spirit of the competition, and based upon the accomplishments of the author.
Value of Program
The benefits to participants include
- The winner will receive the David Charles Horn Prize of $10,000,
- publication of their manuscript by Yale University Press, and
- a staged reading at Lincoln Center’s Claire Tow Theater.
The prize and publication are contingent on the playwright’s agreeing to the terms of the publishing agreement.
How to Apply for the Yale Drama Series Competition
You can enter the competition in 2 ways:
- Electronic Submission
- Hardcopy Submission
For more information on the prize, visit the Programme Webpage.
If you like this article, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.