The application for the University of Waterloo International Master’s Award of Excellence is now open. This is for international students and the University of Waterloo International Master’s Award of Excellence’s value is $2,500 per term for a maximum of five terms. The award is open to any program.
About the University of Waterloo International Master’s Award of Excellence
Effective May 1, 2019, the International Master’s Award of Excellence will be awarded to eligible international master’s students normally entering a research-based graduate program at the University of Waterloo. Faculties will nominate eligible students based on the Faculty’s award allocation. Students will be selected based on academic excellence as demonstrated through their application for admission to the graduate program. The award’s value is $2,500 per term for a maximum of five terms.
Eligibility Criteria for the Award of Excellence
Below are the eligible criteria for the award:
- International students with a valid Canadian study permit who are in full time program and paying international tuition fees.
- Students must be in research-based programs (thesis or major research paper) and normally entering the first term of their program (term 1.0).
- The students must demonstrate academic excellence through criteria established by the Faculty.
- Students must meet the academic progress requirements of their program and not have outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- This award could be in addition to other internal or external scholarships (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc).
- Students should not be concurrently receiving foreign government or agency sponsorship (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc) or be fully or partially self-funded in excess of the Faculty minimum levels of support.
- Students under the existing IMSA program cannot receive nomination for an IMAE; however, a student previously awarded an IMSA for a previously completed master’s degree can be nominated for an IMAE.
- The faculty will automatically consider students for this award after reviewing their application for admission. Departments and/or Faculty will define their own internal process by which they select recipients based on the eligibility criteria and allocation.
- Faculties may impose stricter eligibility criteria as appropriate.
Faculties will nominate eligible students based on the Faculty’s award allocation. The faculty will select students based on academic excellence as demonstrated through their application for admission to the graduate program.
How to Apply for the Award of Excellence
Please contact your department/program Graduate Co-ordinator for further information regarding this award.
For more information, visit the Award Webpage.
If you like this article “University of Waterloo International Master’s Award of Excellence”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.