Applications for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship are now open. This is for international students looking to study at the University of Toronto.
About the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is to recognize international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. Each year approximately 37 students will be the Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
The scholarship is for undergraduate programs.
Below are the application deadlines
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2021
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 15, 2021 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2021 as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 17, 2022
An international student nominated by their school will be invited to submit an application to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship program.
An eligible candidate is:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit)
- an original and creative thinker
- committed to school and community
- a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- currently in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2021
- intending to begin university in the upcoming academic year (if you are already attending post-secondary studies, you will not be eligible; this applies to students starting their studies in January 2021 at another post-secondary institution)
Value of the scholarship
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support.
How to Apply for Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship
To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school (high schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here.)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2022 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines. Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all. However, the Pearson Scholarship would be for your first choice of program at U of T at the time you receive the scholarship.
- Once U of T received a nomination and you have applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
For more information about the scholarship, visit the program webpage.
If you like this article “The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.