The EQUALS Global Partnership is now seeking nominations for the ITU/UN Women Equals in Tech Awards 2022. EQAUALS want to hear about initiatives, projects, movements, organizations and institutions around the world working to bridge the gender digital divide. The application deadline is 6 May 2022.
About The ITU/UN Women Equals in Tech Awards 2022
EQUALS is seeking nominations for initiatives both large and small, from around the world, in the following award categories:
- Access: Initiatives related to improving women and girl’s digital technology access, connectivity and security
- Skills: Initiatives that support the development of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) skills of women and girls
- Leadership in Tech: Initiatives focused on promoting women in decision-making roles within the ICT field
- Leadership in SME: Initiatives promoted by tech sector companies to bridge the digital gender divide
- Research: Initiatives prioritizing research on gender digital divides and producing reliable evidence to tackle diversity issues within STEM and computing fields
EQUALS is looking for innovative initiatives and projects promoting gender equality online and in the tech sector. Eligible initiatives and projects should:
- Reach girls and women in an impactful way;
- Have the potential to scale or be replicated once reconfigured/adapted to other contexts;
- Be innovative
- Work in collaboration with partners
Benefits To Winners
Winners will join a strong, active community of support and expand their networks among organizations with shared goals. Winning an EQUALS in Tech award offers opportunities to connect with like-minded entrepreneurs, investors, activists, researchers, and leaders from intergovernmental agencies, academia and the private sector.
Also, winners will be able to promote their work through various channels. Finally, winners are invited to join an Advisory Panel that chooses future award winners.
For more information, visit the webpage of the Equals in Tech Awards 2022.
If you like this article “ITU/UN Women Equals in Tech Awards 2022”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.