The Chevening Secretariat and BBC World Service Group are pleased to invite applications for the Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme, commencing in September 2022.
About The Programme
Successful applicants will complete a three and a half month placement at the BBC.
Depending on their skills and interests, successful applicants could be placed in one of a number of areas of World Service Group activity including: World Service news programmes, BBC News online, World Service radio, digital output, BBC Media Action, BBC Monitoring, one of the BBC World Service language services, or Solutions-Focused Journalism.
The placement is expected to be hybrid, with some work taking place in the London BBC office and some work taking place at home. Successful applicants will be informed of any changes to the programme as necessary.
Up to 10 placements are available to current Chevening Scholars studying relevant degree programmes in the UK.
The programme will also include:
- Enrolment on a bespoke one-week course at the BBC College of Journalism.
- Access to College of Journalism courses on the same basis as BBC staff. Awardees will be expected to complete at least one additional course during their placement.
- Successful applicants will be supervised at a BBC location in London and will have a BBC mentor to assist them during the placement.
- Successful applicants will receive the Chevening stipend for the duration of the placement, in addition and in order to meet the BBC standards under the New Talent Policy, the BBC will provide a total ‘top up salary’ for the period. The exact top up amount will be confirmed at a later date, as it is calculated to coincide with each new financial year. Successful applicants will be expected to find suitable accommodation themselves.
Due to the nature of the professional placement, applicants must also demonstrate that they
- have at least two years’ experience as a working journalist, and/or
- have or will have completed a master’s in journalism from a UK university by the time that the placement starts.
How to Apply For Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme:
- An up-to-date CV.
- Status letter from your university that confirms the end date of your course.
- A copy of your passport date page as well as a copy of your current Tier 4 visa/BRP; Your visa needs to last long enough for you to complete this placement – until end of December 2022.
- A complete Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme application form.
For more information, visit the webpage of the Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme.
f you like this article “ Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.