About the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme
During their stay at a host American university, Humphrey Fellows will take graduate courses relevant to their professional interests. However, as the Humphrey Fellowship is not a degree program, participants spend a considerable portion of their time engaged in professional development activities including:
- consultations and affiliations with U.S. faculty and experts,
- field trips,
- research projects, and
- the development of practical useful strategies that could be applied in the Fellows’ home countries.
Field of Study for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship
The Humphrey Fellowship offers opportunities in the following fields:
- Sustainable Development
- Economic Development
- Public Health
Eligibility Criteria for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship
Below are the eligibility criteria
- Have a minimum of a four-year undergraduate degree
- Have a minimum of five years of full-time professional experience
- University lecturers have to have management or policy responsibilities and experience. Exceptions apply to teachers of English as a foreign language and specialists in substance abuse preventions and treatment
- Demonstrated Leadership Ability: candidates should have achieved positions of significant responsibility at the national, regional or local level and show clear promise to assume greater future leadership roles
- A record of public service in the community: candidates careers must reflect a present and future commitment to public service, broadly defined in the public, NGO, or private sector
Value of Fellowship Award
The Fellowship provides for:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A living allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance; one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
How to Apply for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship
The online application can be accessed HERE.
For more information about the program, visit the Programme Webpage.
If you like this article on “Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme”, share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.