Launched in 2018, the Google Podcasts creator program provides independent audio makers from around the world with the resources, skills, and creative communities that make podcast production more productive and innovative – and a little less lonely. Using the PRX Training Teams’ signature application of design thinking principles, this intensive, multi-week accelerator helps creators refine their ideas to create meaningful projects that serve their audiences. The application deadline is April 24th, 2022.
About Google Podcasts Creator Program 2022
The Google Podcast creator program is a free multi-week podcast accelerator program that provides indie podcasters from around the world with the creative development and business strategies their podcasts need to level up.
From June through December 2022, PRX will select and lead 6 teams through a rigorous training curriculum–starting with an in-person intensive, 16 weeks of training and mentorship, four weeks of independent processing, and a final in-person showcase celebration.
This rigorous program fosters collaboration among peer creators resulting in vibrant global cohorts that learn to challenge each other, give constructive feedback, and grow together.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must meet the criteria below:
- have already been producing media and podcasts for at least 3 years. Specifically, creators looking to take a current podcast past creative development and into business strategy
- Must be able to demonstrate success and enthusiasm with current or past podcast(s) either through audience retention and growth, conceptual rigor, diversification of podcast offerings, revenue and/ or partnerships
- Must be willing to pause production during the program
- Represent a range of geographies, backgrounds, views, voices, and styles
- Teams with baseline technical and editorial skills
- interested in making podcast sustainable through teamwork, openness to iteration and change, and pursuing revenue and audience growth
Benefits of the Google Podcasts Creator Program 2022
Selected Teams will Receive
- 20 weeks of podcast training focused on concept development, audience growth, and long-term sustainability that will be bookended by in-person gatherings
- Access to a network of industry experts, mentors, program alumni, and guest speakers
- Rigorous 1-on-1 mentorship and feedback on all aspects of their production
- $15,000 stipend to offset production and operational expenses
- Reimbursement for travel-related expenses, if applicable
For more information and details on how to apply, visit the Google Podcasts Creator Program 2022 webpage.
If you like this article “Google Podcasts Creator Program 2022”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.