The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency internship program offers highly-motivated law students an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank. The application deadline is 30th April 2022. The World Bank Legal Internship Program is offered at World Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in certain selected country offices for currently enrolled law school students.
About the World Bank Legal Vice Presidency Internship Program
The World Bank Legal Internship Program allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest research experiences into the World Bank’s daily operations and improve their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
The objective of the program is to provide interns first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations of the World Bank by closely collaborating with staff in LEGVPU. As part of the team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring development professionals and senior management, you will get the chance to contribute to the legal services offered by LEGVPU. Also, you will participate in high-profile events and conferences organized during the term of your internship.
If you answer yes to the questions below, you are eligible:
- Do you hold citizenship of any IBRD member state?
- Are you currently a student of an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent program?
- Do you have an excellent command of the English language?
Preference shall be given to candidates who possess a decent command of a second language, especially if that is one of the working languages of IBRD (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
International students as well as U.S.-based students can apply for the program.
Responsibility of the interns
Interns will perform a plethora of tasks such as:
- Conducting a variety of legal assignments under the direction of the supervising lawyer(s).
- Conducting research on assigned issues, using existing law files and alternative sources (e.g., computer-assisted searches using the internet, intranet and/or other databases), analyzing information, and summarizing findings.
- Participating in task/project teams with the supervising lawyer(s).
- Conducting comparative legal analyses on a range of issues in a given area, identifying legal and policy issues, researching relevant precedents, and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Assisting in the preparation and organization of conferences and meetings.
- Performing ad hoc assignments as requested by the supervising lawyer(s)..
How to Apply for World Bank Legal Vice Presidency Internship Program
Please submit the below documents through this link:
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing application period.
For more information about the program, click here.
If you like this article “World Bank Legal Vice Presidency Internship Program”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.