About the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
Fellowships are distributed equally among the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The value of the fellowship is $70,000 per year and it is for 2 years.
Eligible Fields of Research
To be eligible for the fellowship program, the postdoctoral program must be in any of the following fields
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
Eligibility Criteria for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program
Below are the eligibility criteria
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply with the stipulations stated in the Program
- Applicants must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree:
- between September 15, 2018 and September 30, 2022 (inclusively), and
- before the start date of their award.
- Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2022.
- For applicants who have completed more than one PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree, the eligibility window applies to the most recent of these degrees.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is unique in its emphasis on the synergy between the:
- applicant (individual merit and potential to launch a successful research-intensive career) and
- host institution (commitment to the research program and alignment with the institution’s strategic priorities)
An applicant to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must complete their application in full collaboration with the proposed host institution.
How to Apply for the Fellowships program
If you like this article “Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.