The application for the 2021 Rise Global Talent Program for young emerging leaders is open. Rise is a global talent program that finds extraordinary young people who need opportunity and supports them for life as they use their talents to serve others. The application deadline is 29 January 2021.
About Rise Global Talent Program for Young Emerging Leaders
An initiative of Schmidt Futures and the Rhodes Trust, Rise seeks to build a global community of future leaders, connecting everyone who applies with a network of peers, learning resources, and additional opportunities from Rise partners around the world.
Each year, Rise will select 100 Global Winners, ages 15 to 17, and provide them with individualized support throughout their lives as they commit their talents to building a better world. Winners will receive need-based financial support for university and internships, mentorship and career services, and access to funding to scale up their social impact throughout their careers.
What Makes Rise Different?
If you are are not sure why you should apply, see below
- From graduating school to building a social enterprise, Rise wants to be there every step of the way. Rise is for life.
- Rise helps you use your talents for good: Rise looks for brilliance, perseverance, and integrity. So, show them how you will build a better world.
- Rise is a global community: You will get to meet other talented peers around the world, take free online courses and discover new opportunities.
Who Can Apply For Rise Global Talent Program for Young Emerging Leaders
If you are between the ages of 15 and 17, from any country, with any background, you can apply to be part of the first-ever Rise cohort.
Whether you are interested in science, art, community organizing, or any other topic, Rise wants to hear from you.
The Rise community
Everyone who applies joins the Rise global community. In addition, applicants will have access to a network of peers, learning resources, and additional opportunities from Rise partners around the world.
Also, during the application process, participants will create an individual project and build professional and personal skills.
Benefits of Rise Global Talent Program for Young Emerging Leaders
100 Rise Global Winners will receive a lifetime of individualized support to build a better world. Winners will
- receive need-based financial support for university and internships,
- gain access to mentorship and career services, and
- be able to compete for funding to scale up their social impact.
Other benefits include:
- Education Support: Participants will receive need-based financial support for university and internships, a technology package, and free online courses.
- Residential Summit: Participants will meet other Rise Global Winners at a fully-funded summit and explore leadership, service, and your future career path.
- Mentorship and Career Services: Participants will access individualized resources and guidance as you embark on your career journey.
- Funding Opportunities: Participants can also apply for funding to scale up your service to others, or compete for investment to start a social enterprise.
- Early Access: As a participant, you will be the first to know about scholarships, internships, and other opportunities through our partner universities and organizations.
- Global Community: In addition, you will stay connected to a community of future leaders through annual events and opportunities.
How to Apply for Rise Global Talent Program for Young Emerging Leaders
Interested person can start the application by downloading the Hello World – Rise app. You will find the app in the Google Play or iOS App Store by searching for “Hello World – Rise.”
The app is designed to work all over the planet. However, if you are unable to access a mobile device that can download the app, you can apply using WhatsApp. For more information on how to apply, visit the application page.
If you are above the required age, you can nominate a young person for the program.
For more information on the program, visit the official webpage of the Rise Global Talent Program 2021.