The 2020 New Media Writing Prize is now open for entries. The New Media Writing Prize (NMWP) showcases exciting and inventive stories and poetry that integrate a variety of formats, platforms, and digital media. This international event is now in its 11th year. The NMWP encourages and promotes the best in new media writing and is leading the way toward the future of the ‘written’ word and storytelling. This article will show you how to apply for the New Media Writing Prize.
The NMWP has attracted entries from the very best and most innovative writers in the field, from all around the world.
- The Competition is free and open to any person whatever his/her age or nationality.
- BU assumes that where an entrant is under 18, the entrant’s parents have consented to his/her entry in the Competition and his/her agreement to be bound by the Rules.
How To Apply For The New Media Writing Prize
You can submit your entry for the prize via the online form.
Each entry should contain an active URL for the judges to access your work. However, if your entry is for viewing on a mobile phone, wearable, or other electronic device, please provide clear instructions on how to view your piece.
Also, each entry should contain the following information within the text of the entry form:
- title of the work; clear access details, including, eg, URL, download instructions, app access code if required (if an access code is needed for an app, we require 6 free codes, for the judges)
- contact details: name, email address, telephone number and postal address. For joint entries, all entrants’ contact details must be provided with identification of the main entrant for contact purposes;
- short autobiography (50-100 words). For joint entries, all entrants must provide their autobiographies.
- entrants who wish to submit as students must provide a proof of identity which should be copied into the entry form in the short biography section. e.g. a scan copy of entrant’s Student Union ID card or university enrolment number, which will be authenticated at the organiser’s discretion.
In addition to the above requirements, you must submit each entry by:
- Friday, November 27th 2020 12 noon UK time or
- if a Student entry, by Friday, 18th December 2020 12 noon UK time
The organizer will not consider late entries.
For more information, visit the official Webpage of the New Media Writing Prize 2020.
If you like this article, share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.