Everyone needs to know how to handle Motor Vehicle Accidents the best possible way. Although no ones plans to have motor vehicle accidents, it is okay to know what to do. Someone in your network might need this information. Find below some tips on how to manage such situation if you ever find yourself in one.
Do Nots of “How to Handle Motor Vehicle Accidents”
- voluntarily assume liability, take responsibility, or sign statements regarding fault.
- pay, or promise to pay, for damages at the scene of the collision.
- agree to forget about the collision.
- accept money or discuss any settlement.
Dos of “How to Handle Motor Vehicle Accidents”
- Call 911
- Ensure safety
- Report to the police
- Exchange contact and insurance information
- Driver’s License number
- License Plate
- Notify your insurer and get advice
- Visit a health care practitioner for an assessment. For instance, who can provide you with all the support you need:
- Do a detailed assessment
- Attend to your injuries as needed (Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Psychology & Acupuncture)
- Encourage you to file an injury accident report with the police.
- Complete an AB-1: Notice of Loss and Proof of Claim Form
- Connect you to a lawyer if needed
- Get you back to your normal self.
If you are ever in a Motor Vehicle Accident and you live in Calgary,will support you through the process.
In addition to the tips above on how to handle Motor Vehicle Accidents, visit the following URLs
Please note: This information is not a legal document and does not modify or replace your automobile insurance policy. For more information on your specific situation, contact your insurance agent, broker, or company representative.
Editor’s note: This post was written byand originally appeared on their blog.
Credit: Featured Post Image