Pfizer is one of the world’s premier bio-pharmaceutical companies and is committed to the pursuit of scientific breakthroughs that create a healthier world for everyone. The company recognizes that it takes teamwork to create life-changing improvements for the people who need them most. That is why the company has announced the Pfizer – One Young World Scholarship 2022. Pfizer is partnering with One Young World for the second year and will support 50 young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit 2022. The application deadline is June 30, 2022.
About Pfizer – One Young World Scholarship 2022
This year’s Pfizer – One Young World Scholarship 2022 will recognize the breakthrough actions of young people who are making an impact in three key areas:
- Education: Increasing access to quality STEM education for all.
- Environment: Tackling climate change and conserving the world’s resources.
- Health: Improving health outcomes for all.
Benefits of Pfizer – One Young World Scholarship
Below are the benefits to participants
- Digital Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 which takes place from 5 – 8 September.
- Permanent membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
- Participation in unique sessions including meetings with senior Pfizer executives.
Eligibility Requirements for Pfizer – One Young World Scholarship
To be eligible, you must meet the requirements below
- Aged 18 – 30*.
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- English speaking.
- Internet connectivity.
In addition to the above, you must also meet the following requirements:
- proven track record for leadership by fostering innovation, teamwork, personal accountability, and a commitment for results.
- willingness to engage with Pfizer and demonstrate Pfizer’s commitment to improving health equity.
- a champion of diversity and inclusion.
- You are creating a positive impact in one of the scholarship’s three focus areas (Education, Environment, Health). Examples of relevant impact include:
- Developing teachers and promoting innovative practises in STEM teaching.
- Creating new platforms for learners to engage with STEM education.
- Making STEM education more accessible and affordable.
- Driving STEM education policy.
- Reducing carbon emissions.
- Reducing the negative impacts of climate change through technology, activism, community programs, policy, nature-based solutions, or other similar efforts.
- Strengthening climate change resilience.
- Developing circular economy approaches.
- Protecting and restoring the world’s ecosystems.
- Delivering healthcare on the front-lines.
- Advocating for public policies which protect vulnerable populations and advance health equity.
- Creating digital solutions to enhance access to healthcare.
- Providing health education that empowers people to live healthier lives.
- Pioneering breakthroughs in healthcare.
The scholarship welcomes applications from candidates from a variety of professional backgrounds including; healthcare practitioners, social entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs, charity leaders, academics and community activists.
How to Apply
For more information and details on how to apply, visit the One Young World’s website.
If you like this article on the “Pfizer – One Young World Scholarship”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.