Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) is one of the most globally diverse, two-week academic summer programs in the world. It serves over 2,000 students from 150+ countries and all 50 U.S. states, YYGS distributes over $3 Million USD in need-based financial aid to both domestic and international students. The application deadline is January 10, 2022.
In order to apply to YYGS, applicants MUST fulfill all of the following requirements:
|Age||Be at least 16 years old by July 19, 2022 (first day of Session III).*|
|English Fluency||Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.|
|Grade Level||Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).|
|Graduation Date||Be graduating in May/June 2023 or 2024 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2022 or 2023 from the Southern Hemisphere.|
|YYGS Participation||Be a first-time participant in YYGS. If you have participated in a YYGS session during a previous summer** (2020 and prior), then you are not eligible to participate during YYGS 2022.
Please note: If you previously applied to YYGS but were not offered admission or were unable to attend AND you meet the eligibility criteria noted above, then you can re-apply for YYGS 2022.
*This rule is so that YYGS is in compliance with restrictions for running a summer program for minors, and no exceptions can be made.
YYGS accepts applications from ALL countries, and offers the opportunity for students to apply for need-based financial aid to students from ALL countries.
How To Apply for the Yale Young Global Scholars Program
To apply for the program, follow the steps below:
- Click APPLY NOW to start your YYGS application. Be sure to write down your email and password to access the application at a later time.
- Check the “Review” page of the application to see if you are missing any required components, and re-visit any pages that require further information.
- Once your application is complete, click on the “Review” page. Next click on the “Submit Application” button at the bottom of the page.
- In your Applicant Status Portal, pay the $60 USD Early Action fee or $75 USD Regular Decision fee*. All YYGS application fees are non-refundable. If you submitted a completed Fee Waiver request, then you can check your Applicant Status Portal to see when it is approved or denied. If your Fee Waiver Request is denied, then your application will not be reviewed until the YYGS application fee is paid.
- Check your inbox for a YYGS confirmation receipt that indicates the successful submission of your application. Confirmation emails usually arrive within 24-48 hours of submission, due to occasional delays payment processing.
For More Information about the Yale Young Global Scholars Program, click here.