The World Bank Group Junior Professional Associate – JPA – program is a unique opportunity to gain entry-level professional experience and first-hand exposure to the challenges – and rewards – of international development. If you are you a recent graduate, have passion for and commitment to helping others and you are looking for a solid, two-year entry-level work experience in a multicultural environment, the World Bank’s JPA program may be for you. The program is open to everyone from the World Bank member countries.
About World Bank Group Junior Professional Associates – JPA – Program
JPA assignment allows you to use your strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, your knowledge of technology and your research abilities. You will have an opportunity to hone your skills and acquire new ones while gaining first-hand exposure to the challenges of reducing poverty and boosting shared prosperity. You can use your experience as a JPA as a steppingstone to a career in government, consulting, the private sector, academia or other development agencies.
A JPA assignment is not an entry point for a career at the World Bank and employment beyond the two-year contract will be prohibited for a period of two years after the end of the contract. However, some former JPAs may rejoin the organization later in their careers after gaining experience elsewhere and becoming experts in their professional fields.
Positions may be located in any of the World Bank’s offices across the world. Recruitment and hiring for this employment category is ongoing throughout the year.
Who can apply for World Bank Group Junior Professional Associates – JPA – Program?
You can apply for the JPA program if you have the requirements below:
- Your academic achievements are superior and place you in the top portion of your graduating class.
- Your analytical and research skills extend to areas of specialization such as: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment (climate, blue economy), infrastructure, private sector development, as well as other related fields, including corporate and administrative functions (IT, legal, accounting, communications, etc).
- You are fluent in English and, preferably, in at least one other Bank language (French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, or Chinese).
- You love technology and integrate it in your work.
How are Applicants Selected?
The following are minimum requirements to be eligible for the JPA program:
- Be 28 years of age or younger on your first day of service
- Hold the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree
- Be fluent in English
- One or more of the Bank’s working languages is a plus: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
Since this employment program is highly competitive, World Bank may ask applicants under active consideration for employment to submit academic records as well as references. The World Bank will contact only those applicants whom hiring managers wish to interview.
How to Apply for World Bank Group Junior Professional Associates – JPA – Program?
Interested candidates may apply online.
Please note that World Bank will keep applications active in their database for a period of six months. Should you still be interested in JPA program after six months, you will need to re-apply. World Bank will only contact those candidates they identify for an assignment to discuss their interest and availability. The hiring manager selects candidates on a highly competitive basis.
For more information about the program, visit the JPA program webpage.
If you like this article “World Bank Group Junior Professional Associates – JPA – Program”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.