The application for the UNESCO Young Professionals Programme 2022 is now open. UNESCO will receive qualified candidatures from the UNESCO’s NATIONAL COMMISSION of non- and under-represented Member States. Interested candidates are welcome to contact their relevant NATCOM to apply for the UNESCO Young Professionals Programme.
About the UNESCO Young Professionals Programme 2022
The UNESCO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) aims to achieve the following:
- improve the geographical representation of the Secretariat,
- promote gender parity at international professional level,
- create an enhanced pool of young civil servants, enriching and diversifying UNESCO.
The YPP provides young university graduates and young qualified professionals from non- and under-represented Member States an opportunity to join UNESCO at the early stage of their professional career.
To be eligible for the UNESCO Young Professionals Programme, a candidate must meet the requirements below:
- Nationality: non- or under-represented Member State at UNESCO.
- Age: 32 years maximum. Candidates must be born not i.e. born not before 1st January 1986
- Education: an advanced university degree in education, culture, science, social and human sciences or communication, or in a field related to the management and administration of an international organization.
- Languages: fluent English or French. Knowledge of both working languages is an asset. Knowledge of Spanish, Russian, Arabic or Chinese is an additional asset.
- Experience: initial professional experience is an asset, but not mandatory.
- Values: Integrity, professionalism, respect for diversity and a strong commitment to the UNESCO mission
Besides the above eligibility criteria, selection for the UNESCO Young Professionals Programme will be based on the organisation’s core values, integrity, professionalism, respect for diversity and commitment to UNESCO’s mandate. A relevant first professional experience can be an added advantage but is not an essential requirement.
How to Apply for the programme
Interested candidates should contact their National Commission or Permanent Delegation.
For more information about the program, visit the Young Professional Programme webpage.
If you like this article “UNESCO Young Professionals Programme”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.