The UBC Outstanding International Student Awards are awarded to exceptional international students entering undergraduate programs at UBC. The application deadline is 15th January 2022.
About the UBC Outstanding International Student Award
The Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award is a one-time, merit-based entrance scholarship awarded to qualified students when they receive offer of admission to UBC. Students selected for this award show strength academically and display involvement outside of the classroom.
As soon as a student receives an offer of admission to UBC, UBC will automatically consider the student for these merit-based awards. Consideration is based on your academic achievement and your extracurricular involvement.
To be eligible for a University of British Columbia OIS Award, you must
- Be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college).
- Be an international student studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your scholarship eligibility.)
- Demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and strong extracurricular involvement.
- Not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
- submit your application to UBC by January 15.
Number and Value of Awards
The number and level of these University of British Columbia scholarships awarded each year vary depending on available funding. When you receive an award or scholarship, you join a community of engaged and supportive young leaders who enrich UBC with their diverse perspectives, involvement, and innovation.
How to Apply
If you apply to UBC by January 15, you will receive automatica consideration for the OIS Award. This will be shortly after you receive an offer of admission to UBC.
UBC makes scholarship decisions between mid-March to the end of April each year.
For more information about the award, visit the programme webpage.
If you like this article “UBC Outstanding International Student Awards”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.