The Elevate Scholarship programme is designed to strengthen the future of the news business by embracing and elevating historically under-represented and disadvantaged groups below the senior management level at news media companies.
Through Elevate Scholarships, the International News Media Association (INMA) and the Google News Initiative (GNI) want to equip new faces and voices with strong news industry fundamentals as well as networking and mentoring opportunities.
Removing obstacles for equitable inclusion in news industry training and development can shatter the glass ceiling for professionals from under-represented groups, which hampers innovation and the future of news media.
The application deadline is September 23, 2022.
To be eligible for the Elevate Scholarship, you must:
- Be employed by a news media company
- Hold a position below senior management at your organisation
- Be in the business of news media for less than 15 years
- Be under age 45
- Aspire to become a top manager at a news media company
- Be a part of an under-represented and disadvantaged group within your country
What scholarship recipients receive
Below are what the scholarship recipients will receive
- Recognition via public announcements by INMA
- A scholarship certification
- Free access to 3 INMA Master Classes
- A free membership in INMA for one year — with full and unfettered access to the association’s global community
- Participate in a mentoring video meet-up with Google and INMA to discuss news industry and career development
For more information about the scholarship, visit the INMA/Google News Initiative Elevate Scholarship’s website.
If you like this article on the “The Elevate Scholarship programme”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.