The University of British Columbia is offering need-based Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarships for Undergraduate Students 2021/2022. The application deadline is 05 January 2021. This scholarship is for international student looking to study at University of British Columbia, Canada.
About International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarships
The University of British Columbia International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship Award recognizes international students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
A standard needs-assessment is made, based on financial information provided by students and their families.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility:
Award candidates must be nominated by the high school they are currently attending, recently graduated from, or the college / university they are transferring from. To be eligible for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award, you must meet the requirements below:
- an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- demonstrate superior academic achievement (at least an A average or equivalent standard).
- demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
Value of International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarships:
The scholarship will cover the costs of tuition, fees and living costs, minus the financial contribution the student and their family can make annually towards these costs.
Duration of Scholarship:
The International Leader of Tomorrow Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study, or to degree completion, whichever is less, provided
- the student achieves satisfactory academic standing in their faculty,
- continues to demonstrate financial need, and
- maintains their Canadian study permit (visa).
How to Apply:
Award nominations for the 2021/22 winter session will open on 5 November, 2020.
Although candidates to UBC can specify two program choices in their application for admission, student will only receive consideration for an International Leader of Tomorrow Award nomination in relation to the nominee’s first choice program. Students should apply early to ensure an application decision can be made in time for nomination consideration.
If you like this article, share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.