Getty Images is partnering with Dove and Girlgaze to promote diversity within creative commercial photography and videography, elevating the work and the voices of women, female‑identifying and non‑binary artists. The Getty Image #ShowUs Grant provides financial support and mentorship to artists who have commitment to authentically representing women, female‑identifying and non‑binary individuals in commercial photography and videography.
About the Getty Images #ShowUs Grant
The #ShowUs Grant is to promote the work of emerging artists and is open to women, female identifying and non‑binary commercial photographers and videographers. Judges will be looking for submissions which represent Leadership in all its forms. This can be mother leading / teaching daughter, friend guiding friend, or women in professional leadership settings. Applicants must conduct shoots safely and follow local guidelines around social distancing. Judges will give particular consideration to photographers and videographers who are telling local stories of women in their communities.
Project #ShowUs is a global library of images created by women devoted to shattering beauty stereotypes around the world. Created in partnership with Dove and female photography collective Girlgaze, this global collection is 100% powered by women, showing women as they are, not as others believe they should be.
Prizes & Benefits
The following are the benefits to the potential winners
- Two $5,000 prizes
- The successful recipients will be invited to license their award‑winning content through GettyImages.com and iStock.com at a 100% royalty rate for imagery created within their proposed project (please see T&Cs for details). This is subject to you entering into a separate agreement with Getty Images allowing for the distribution of your content.
- Winners who choose to license their imagery will receive guidance and mentorship from one of Getty Images’ award‑winning Art Directors, as well as a feature on the Getty Images Creative Insights website. This is in addition to promotion on relevant Getty Images and iStock social channels. Please note, this additional support is not a requirement of the #ShowUs Grant and choosing to take advantage of this opportunity is at your discretion.
Rules & Requirements for the Getty Images #ShowUs Grant
Applicants must apply using our online application found here. Selection will be based on the judges’ determination of the applicant’s ability to execute the submitted project with a compelling commercial visual narrative based on either still images or video.
The jury will consider the caliber of the portfolio, the project’s merit and the artist’s professional ability. Also, the judges will be assessing
- how the submitted projects authentically represent women from across the globe and
- how the project will help to change the way media and advertising represent women.
Below are other information about the requirements:
- Submission must include link(s) to existing portfolio of work online
- Application should include a 200‑500‑word summary of the proposed project and an explanation as to how the project will move the #ShowUs movement forward through commercial photography and videography
- You must include a short biography detailing who you are and what you have done
- The proposals must be in English
- All submissions must be digital. The judges will not review prints, books, slides or transparencies or other such materials.
If you like this article on “Getty Images #ShowUs Grant”, share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.