Future Bora aims to catalyze interventions that expand economic opportunities for the most vulnerable and under-served Kenyan youth between the age of 18 and 29 years. By supporting interventions that are tailored to the local and highly specific needs of the most vulnerable youth, the initiative aims to reduce the obstacles that these youth face while seeking employment and income generation opportunities. This article will share details about the Future Bora Initiative 2020 for Kenya Youth based Organizations.
- The organization must be registered in Kenya.
- All types of organizations (for-profit, not-for-profit), except state-owned enterprises and public institutions, are eligible to apply for the challenge.
- The organization should have been operational for at least three years as of 1st September 2020 (applicants will be required to submit audited financial statements for the last three years).
- The intervention/solution submitted by the organization must be unique and innovative in solving unemployment issues faced by the most vulnerable and under-served Kenyan youth.
- At least 80% of the beneficiaries of the proposed intervention should be between the age of 18 and 29 years.
- Consortia are eligible to apply if the lead applicant fulfills all criteria and other partners fulfill at least 4 (out of 5) of the other criteria.
In addition to the above, the organization should be working with:
- Persons with disability
- Single mothers
- Youths affected by conflict
- Street youths
- Youths from vulnerable and marginalized communities
How to Apply for Future Bora Initiative 2020
Follow the instructions below to ensure a successful submission:
Review all the questions and prepare your responses in advance, before you start filling up the form. You can download a copy of the application form here.
Please refer to the eligibility criteria before submitting your application.
For organizations that have multiple interventions, we recommend that you submit the application for the most promising intervention that aligns with the objective of the Future Bora Initiative.
Applicants can save their progress on the application form by clicking on the “Save” icon at the end and keeping a record of the generated link. Using this generated link, applicants can return to the in-progress application. Please note that you must submit the application before the deadline.
All questions marked with * are mandatory, please ensure you fill them before submitting the application.
Each descriptive question has a word limit specified, please refer to it while responding.
Please note that no edits can be made to the application once it has been submitted.
The deadline for submission is 15 December 2020 5:00 PM EAT. However, try to submit your application early.
You can submit your application on Future Bora’s website. For more information on the program, visit the web page for Future Bora Initiative 2020 for Kenya Youth based Organizations.
If you like this article “Future Bora Initiative 2020 for Kenya Youth based Organizations”, share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. You can also follow us on our social media pages (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn).