Over the past 15 years, Young Global Leaders have gone on to lead their countries, serve their communities, launch groundbreaking initiatives, expand access to resources, and shake up traditional ways of doing business. WEF are always looking for exceptional leaders to join the community. The Forum of Young Global Leaders is an initiative of the World Economic Forum.
How to nominate a leader
Selection Criteria for the World Economic Forum of Young Global Leaders 2020
You will find below the selection criteria for the programme
- The candidate must be 38 years old or younger at nomination
- Has 5-15 years of recognized achievements, leadership and outstanding professional work experience.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to serve society at local and global levels, has an impeccable record in the public eye, good standing in their community, self-awareness and a desire to learn.
- Candidates from the business sector must manage a corporation or division and must hold one of the following titles (or equivalent): President, chair of the board, chief executive officer, managing director, managing partner or publisher.
- Companies, organizations and entities can only nominate one candidate from their qualifying company every two years.
- If the company is a member or partner of the World Economic Forum, the candidate requires the approval of the chief executive officer or chair of the board of the respective company.
- You cannot nominate yourself.
World Economic Forum of Young Global Leaders 2020 Timeline
- 30 April 2021 – Nomination period ends. Nominated candidates may be invited to submit a short application and will be notified of the outcome in the weeks following their nomination.
- June – July 2021 – The World Economic Forum shortlists candidates for further review.
- September – December 2021 – The selection committee and Young Global Leaders Advisory Group reviews top candidates.
- March 2022 – A press announcement is released for the new class of Young Global Leaders.
* Due to the large number of nominations received, the Forum of Young Global Leaders only contacts successful candidates. WEF may contact some candidates as part of the due diligence process.
For more information, visit the website of the 2022 World Economic Forum of Young Global Leaders programme.
If you like this article, share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.