Applications are invited for the Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship to African students for undergraduate / graduate study at Carleton University. The application deadline is 15th November 2020
About the Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship to African students
The Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship is $5,000 for the 2019/2020 academic year. It is awarded annually to an outstanding international student from an African country. The award started in 2005 by friends, family and colleagues in honour of Richard J. Van Loon, Carleton’s 10th President.
Eligibility Criteria for Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship to African students
To be eligible, candidate meet the criteria below:
- a citizen of an African country.
- an international student, who is required to have a valid Study Permit for Canada.
- be a full-time student at Carleton University and be successfully proceeding from one year to another in any program of study.
- be in good academic standing.
Also, will need to provide reference. Acceptable referees would include:
- Professor who has taught a class you successfully completed
- Thesis advisor
- Graduate Supervisor
- Dean of a Faculty
- A Director of a School or Institute
- A Chair of a Department or Program
How to Apply for Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship to African students
For more information on the scholarship, visit the Program Website.
If you like this article, share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.