The IMF Youth Fellowship Program 2022 for Young Leaders provides an opportunity for young participants to become part of the global effort to build forward better and join the IMF at the forefront of the response to the crisis. Participants in the program will experience firsthand the IMF virtual Annual Meetings and participate in virtual training led by IMF experts. Selected fellows will get the opportunity to participate in a 2-day virtual workshop to meet with IMF management and senior staff and discuss current global economic issues including inclusive growth, inequality, digital economy and climate change. The application deadline is 21st August 2022.
Eligibility Criteria For IMF Youth Fellowship Program 2022 for Young Leaders
To be eligible, applicants should meet the criteria below:
- Be between 20 and 32 years of age
- Have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Social activism and/or engaging with a civil society organization
- Entrepreneurship and/or participating in a start-up
- Content creators (bloggers/ vloggers) and/or contributors to independent media organizations
- Journalist (affiliated with a news/media outlet or working as an independent journalist)
- Have knowledge and expertise in international studies, basic economics and development including climate change, inequality and the digital economy
- Be students or graduates in the fields of international relations, development, communications, journalism, economics, or related disciplines
- Have basic knowledge of English (for the training program and Annual Meetings coverage).
As a successful applicant, you can expect to:
- Experience deep engagement and networking opportunities with scholars, leaders and IMF experts on issues of global importance such as climate change, inequality, inclusive growth, and the digital economy
- Participate in a virtual capacity building program, including sessions on ‘presenting with impact’ and storytelling
- Have access to the Annual Meetings seminars and events
- Become part of the IMF Youth Network to connect with previous IMF Youth Fellows and stay informed of future opportunities, events and publications
- Receive a certificate of completion of the IMF Youth Fellowship Program
Fellowship program will open to all via application form on the contest website.
- August 20 (11:59 PM ET) – Deadline for applications
- August 22 – Committee’s selection process begins
- Week of September 12 – Shortlisted participants announcement
Selected participants will join a capacity building program during the Annual Meetings.
- October 10 & 11 – Workshops on current global economic issues focusing on inclusive growth, food insecurity and climate change and sessions on communications skills
- Attending the Annual Meetings seminars and events is encouraged to gain broader understanding and knowledge of current economic issues facing the world
- October 13 – Group presentations on selected topics
If you like this article on the “IMF Youth Fellowship Program 2022 for Young Leaders”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.