Applications for the IMF Youth Fellowship Program 2021 are now open. The application deadline is 24th September 2021. The 2021 IMF Youth Fellowship Program provides an opportunity for young participants to become part of the global effort to build forward better and join the IMF at the forefront of the response to the crisis.
Participants in the program will experience firsthand the IMF virtual Annual Meetings and participate in virtual training led by IMF experts. Selected fellows will get the opportunity to participate in a 2-day virtual workshop to meet with IMF management and senior staff and discuss current global economic issues including inclusive growth, inequality, digital economy and climate change.
Eligibility Criteria for IMF Youth Fellowship Program 2021
To be eligible, the applicants must meet the criteria below:
- Be between 20 and 32 years of age
- Have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Social activism and/or engaging with a civil society organization
- Entrepreneurship and/or participating in a start-up
- Content creators (bloggers/ vloggers) and/or contributors to independent media organizations
- Journalist (affiliated with a news/media outlet or working as an independent journalist)
- Have knowledge and expertise in international studies, basic economics and development including climate change, inequality and the digital economy
- Be students or graduates in the fields of international relations, development, communications, journalism, economics, or related disciplines
- Have basic knowledge of English (for the training program and Annual Meetings coverage).
In addition, you must be from any of the IMF member countries.
Benefit of the Fellowship Program
As a successful applicant, you can expect to:
- Experience deep engagement and networking opportunities with scholars, leaders and IMF experts on issues of global importance such as climate change, inequality, inclusive growth, and the digital economy
- Participate in a virtual capacity building program, including sessions on ‘presenting with impact’ and storytelling
- Have access to the Annual Meetings seminars and events
- Become part of the IMF Youth Network to connect with previous IMF Youth Fellows and stay informed of future opportunities, events and publications
- Receive a certificate of completion of the IMF Youth Fellowship Program
Fellowship program accepts applications via the application form. The deadline is September 24, 2021.
Selected participants will join an intensive capacity building program during the Annual Meetings
- Shortlisted participants announced – October 4
- Virtual Workshop on current global economic issues including inclusive growth, inequality, digital economy and climate change; Coverage of the Annual Meetings seminars and events – October 11 – 17
- Group presentations (October 12) on:
- Climate Change
- Digital Economy and FinTech
How to Apply for IMF Youth Fellowship Program 2021
To submit your application, visit the application page.
For more information, visit the IMF Youth Fellowship Program Webpage.
If you like this article “IMF Youth Fellowship Program 2021”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.