Saving money on travel isn’t just about choosing the least expensive airline and finding the best travel site. Selecting the right days to fly can determine how much you would have to pay for that flight. In this article, we will share some tips on how to save money on business travel.
As you know, business travel can help you connect with clients, network with others in your industry, and attend large events around the world. But all those flights can set your budget back if not properly managed. The good news is that there are ways to save money on your business travel while still reaping many of the benefits. One way is to change your travel plans to slow travel seasons or days when airplanes generally aren’t full.
Below may help you find the cheapest flights available to you.
What are the cheapest days of the week to fly?
Travel days that generally have low fares include Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
Travelers often prefer to start the week with a flight and return home on a weekend. Tuesdays fall in the middle of the week. But they are still close enough to the beginning for business travelers to spend several days at their destination before the weekend. So, on your next trip, consider booking meetings every day of the week but Monday to take advantage of Tuesday deals.
Wednesdays are inexpensive largely for the same reasons as Tuesdays. Vacationers generally travel on the weekends, and business travelers fly on Mondays and Fridays. Flying on Wednesday can allow you to get a few days of work in before the weekend. Also, it could allow you arrive at your destination a few days before a major trade show or weekend event.
Thursdays are late enough in the week and most airlines don’t get a lot of business travelers. Also, Thursdays are too early for most weekend getaways. So, if you are looking spend a weekend at special events while still getting cheap travel deals, you should consider travelling on Thursdays.
If you absolutely must travel on the weekend, Saturdays are usually the cheapest. You avoid business travelers returning home on Fridays and vacationers leaving on Sundays. Please note that it is not generally as cheap as Tuesdays and Wednesdays. But it may be useful to you if you need to start the week in their destination.
Cheapest Time of Day to Fly
The best times of day to fly are usually those that are not especially popular. Since people like flying when it is comfortable and convenient, you may need to get up early or fly late in the evening to get the best deals. The cheapest times for flights are usually:
- Between 6 and 7 a.m.: This can be ideal for business travelers who want to make morning meetings, but it’s a bit early for most leisure travelers.
- Midnight or later: Red eye flights are tough for those with kids or anyone who wants to be well rested at their destination.
- Between 3 and 5 p.m.: The middle of the day is unattractive to a lot of flyers, since it leaves little free time on either side of the flight.
Cheapest Day to Book Flights
Tuesday around midnight is usually the best time to find cheap flights. Airlines often release deals on this date. Saturdays and Sundays are also good days to book, since there are fewer people browsing travel sites during work hours.
Cheapest Time to Book Flights
The time of day you book flights can also impact airline ticket prices. Here are some times to focus on:
- Midnight: Midnight, especially on Tuesdays, can help you find deals just released by airlines.
- Early morning: Many of those deals are still available to early morning browsers. Just check in before people head to work and start logging in for the day.
- Late evening: There are usually fewer people browsing for flights late in the evening. You may find even better deals if you choose Monday evening, since some airlines release discounts a bit early.
If you like this article “Save Money On Business Travel”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.