African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative (AWEC) is the accelerant behind hundreds of African female entrepreneurs who have transformed and grown their businesses. The organization is currently seeking the next 200 women who are ready to join our cohort for a high-impact applied learning experience.
Starting from today till 31 January 2021, AWEC will accept applications for its highly selective leadership and business management capacity building program. This program is for African women entrepreneurs seeking to expand their knowledge, increase their skills, broaden their network, and make lifelong connections.
To learn more about the AWEC program and why you should apply, watch the video below.
Who Should Apply For African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative
If you are a woman and meet the requirements below, you can apply.
- Founders of businesses that have been in operation for at least two years in any industry and have at least two employees (either full time or part time) OR women who have a strong business concept and plan to launch their business within the next year.
- Founders of social enterprises can also apply. However, founders of NGOs or nonprofit organizations are no longer eligible for the 12-month program.
- Citizens of any African country, currently living on the continent or in the diaspora.
- Comfortable with remote teamwork and collaboration, especially using digital tools.
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Able to regularly (at least weekly) access the internet through a computer or tablet.
AWEC admissions do not discriminate based on race, religion, age, disability, marital status, education, business revenue, or geographic location.
Please note: If you are living in the diaspora, your business must clearly impact Africa through the creation or delivery of its products or services, or based on where its customers reside.
What AWEC Looks For
AWEC seeks to build diverse cohorts in which Fellows share some consistent characteristics:
- Vision and resiliency
- Business clarity and market knowledge
- Commitment to building their businesses
- Motivation to be part of a yearlong learning experience
What To Expect From The Program
This program is rigorous and time intensive. Fellows should expect to:
- Spend an average of 4 to 6 hours per week participating in AWEC activities, primarily online
- Participate in at least one AWEC activity per week throughout the program, including Zoom-enabled meetings
- Be challenged, stretched, and inspired as they acquire new knowledge
- Develop skills, build their peer network, and transform their businesses
- Be matched with a mentor and to take ownership of their mentor/mentee relationship
- Be introduced to a peer group, and actively contribute to group discussions and activities
- Gain access to a program advisor from whom they can seek support when needed
- Respond to periodic surveys to improve the overall experience.
Benefits To Participants
Upon successful completion of the 12-month program, Fellows will:
- Form connections with a diverse network of African women entrepreneurs
- Establish a relationship with a senior business mentor
- Strengthen strategy, leadership and business management skills
- Gain skills in finance, marketing, and strategy needed to grow and scale their enterprise
- Develop a toolkit of soft skills, including self-confidence, resilience, collaboration, and cross-cultural communications.
How To Apply For African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative (AWEC) 2021?
To begin your application, click the AWEC application page..
Please read and follow ALL instructions carefully throughout the application process
If you like this article on the “African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative (AWEC) 2021 Application”, share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.