The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is launching the second cohort of its programme to hire young talent from Africa and of African descent. The Young Professionals from Africa and of African Descent programme is a starting point for an exciting career with the United Nations, aiming to attract motivated young professionals with diverse academic and professional backgrounds. The application deadline is July 25, 2022.
About The United Nations Population Fund Programme
The The United Nations Population Fund Programme is open to qualified candidates who are no older than 32 years of age as of 31 December 2022. Also, the candidates must self-identify as persons of African descent or are nationals of an African country. The programme offers an opportunity for selected candidates to gain hands-on experience in a fast-paced, international environment and the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles in international development.
In 2022, UNFPA will recruit five young professionals to join the team at the UNFPA headquarters in New York. The young professionals will be receive a competitive salary and benefits package with an initial one-year fixed-term appointment at the P-2 level, renewable at least once, subject to satisfactory performance.
Below are the current opportunities
- Coordination and Policy Analyst, Sustainable Development, Executive Office, New York, P-2
- RE-OPENING – Global Leadership and Talent Management Analyst, Division for Human Resources, New York, P-2
- RE-OPENING – Inter-Country Cooperation Analyst, Policy and Strategy Division, New York, P-2
- RE-OPENING – Legal Analyst, Legal Unit, Office of the Executive Director, New York, P-2
- RE-OPENING – Business Development Analyst, Division for Management Services, New York, P-2