The Dalai Lama Fellowship 2023 offers emerging leaders from all around the world mentorship and coaching to design and implement their own original field project addressing a global challenge. The application deadline is December 01, 2022.
About The Dalai Lama Fellowship 2023
The Dalai Lama Fellows (DLF) experience is an immersive, year-long commitment that mentors each Fellow through a leadership curriculum inspired by exemplary leaders like the Dalai Lama. The curriculum will help you become more mindful, increase awareness of your inner values and how they relate to your work, deeply connect with people around you, and provide new ways of building sustainable solutions to complex problems.
The fellowship is inviting interested applicants to participate in an honest self-reflection process that offers an opportunity not only to apply to the program but also to reflect on personal values and goals.
- Be Authentic: As you reflect on and respond to these questions, remember not to tell us what you think we want to hear. Be authentic with yourself and share that authenticity with our team.
- Be Courageous: This application is an opportunity to reflect on how you can grow as a leader. Be courageously bold, imagine the kind of leader you can become, and tell us about it.
- Be Thoughtful: Take time to respond to each question. Save drafts. Share reflections with trusted friends and colleagues. The most successful applications are not only well written but demonstrate thoughtfulness and introspection.
- Save an Offline Copy: We recommend that you first reiew the entire application form and then spend time offline composing your responses in Google Docs or Microsoft Word. Be sure to save an offline copy in case of a technological error or broken connection.
Eligibility Criteria For The Dalai Lama Fellowship 2023
In order to fulfill the minimum requirements, a candidate must demonstrate the following through the application:
- Next generation leader who is between ages 20-35 years;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Experience or interest in learning and practicing contemplative practices throughout the year;
- Description of project of social change/justice that can be undertaken over the year;
- In-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the proposed project is seeking to work in and address, preferably with more than one year of previous experience working with the community in question;
- Commitment to participating in our online learning platform, which hosts our year-long curriculum;
Benefits To Fellows
Each fellow will enjoy the follow:
- Immersion in our distinctive yearlong Head, Heart, Hands leadership curriculum;
- One-on-one coaching to support their projects in social change and personal development as contemplative and collaborative leaders;
- Participation in two week-long Global Assembly with Fellows from around the world and dynamic faculty; and
- LifeLong affiliation in our global learning community and support system.
How to Apply
To submit your application, visit the programme webpage.