Climate finance entrepreneurs from all over the world can now apply for the Global Innovation Lab for Climate Finance. The application deadline is December 22nd, 2021.
About Global Innovation Lab for Climate Finance Entrepreneurs
The Lab is looking for innovative finance solutions that can unlock investment to tackle some of the most difficult climate and sustainable development challenges and investment opportunities for a net zero economy. Proposed sustainable finance vehicles should offer returns for private investors, create jobs and other local economic benefits, sustain biodiversity, improve climate resilience and/or decrease emissions.
Benefits To Applicants
If your idea is selected by Lab Members, you will work with a team of analysts, key stakeholders, and experts to:
- Develop or refine the mechanics of your idea
- Survey comparable instruments, ensuring the final instrument is innovative and impactful
- Develop robust financial modeling
- Assess and document potential social and environmental impacts✓ Map risks and risk mitigation strategies
- Develop a detailed implementation plan
- Produce promotional content
- Present your idea to donors and investors
- Potentially receive endorsement from the Lab
Selection Criteria for Global Innovation Lab for Climate Finance Entrepreneurs
Lab members will select successful ideas using the following criteria.
- the type of entity(ies) that could implement it,
- the pathway towards implementation, including the timeframe, activities, and key milestones, and
- possible challenges to implementation and related management strategies.
Demonstrates the ability to address, directly or indirectly, barriers to private climate finance that
- have not yet been addressed or
- that will be addressed more effectively compared to other instruments in the market.
Demonstrates potential to
- mobilize private climate capital within a sizeable market,
- be scaled up or replicated in other contexts and,
- achieve socioeconomic, development, and environmental impacts.
- a strategy to phase out public financial support, thereby achieving market viability and
- possible challenges to achieving its intended objectives and related management strategies.
For more information, visit the Webpage of the Global Innovation Lab for Climate Finance Entrepreneurs.
If you like this article on “Global Innovation Lab for Climate Finance Entrepreneurs”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.