The application for the Africa Business Heroes Competition 2022 for young African entrepreneurs is now open. The application deadline is June 26th, 2022.
About Africa Business Heroes Competition 2022 for young African Entrepreneurs
Africa’s Business Heroes (ABH) is the Jack Ma Foundation’s flagship philanthropic program in Africa to support entrepreneurs. The mission is to showcase and grow local talent who are creating positive impact in their communities and beyond, and inspire a movement of African entrepreneurship. Over a ten-year period, the program will recognize 100 African entrepreneurs and provide grant funding, training programs, and broader support for the broad African entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Africa’s Business Heroes directly supports talented and promising African entrepreneurs through its namesake Prize competition. Each year the Prize selects ten “business heroes” from across Africa that compete for their share of USD 1.5 million in grant funding. During the competition, participants have also exclusive access to training, mentoring and learning programmes, as well as to a community of like-minded African business leaders.
To apply for the ABH competition, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Applicant should be the Founder or a Co-Founder of the company.
- Applicant is African citizenship or is the child or grand-child of an African citizen.
- The Company is registered and headquartered in an African country, and primarily operates in Africa.
- Company is post-idea stage and has at least 3 years of revenue.
What Potential Winners Stand To Gain
ABH finalists receive invaluable training and mentorship, and the opportunity to network with the ABH’s growing community of talented and inspiring minds. ABH Finalists will pitch their business to a global panel of legendary judges to win a share of the $1.5 million (USD) award.
All applicants become a part of the ABH Community where they have access to insightful, educative and inspiring events and will receive feedback on completed and eligible applications. Also, they will have an opportunity to pitch to business legends and win share of USD $1.5 million:
- 1st Prize Winner: $300,000
- 2nd Prize Winner: $250,000
- 3rd Prize Winner: $150,000
- Other Top 10 Finalists (7): $100,000
- Global Immersion Program (Hangzhou, San Francisco, South East Asia): $100,000
For more information, visit the official website of the Africa Business Heroes Competition 2022.
Start the discussion at community.africaextended.com