If you are thinking of entering the world of diplomacy and public policy, then you should consider the United Nations Internship program. It could be the ideal start that you need. The application deadline varies based on countries.
About The United Nations Internship Programme
The objective of the internship is to give you a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the United Nations. You will be given a real chance to work with our people. Working directly with outstanding and inspiring career professionals and senior management, interns will be exposed to high-profile conferences, participate in meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as organizational policy of the United Nations. Initially you will take on the amount of responsibility you can shoulder; the potential for growth, however, is yours to develop.
You must meet the criteria below to be eligible for consideration:
- enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme, or in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme?
- you have excellent command of English or French?
- you are neither a child or a sibling of a United Nations Secretariat staff member?
Duration of the Internship
The internship programme lasts for at least two months and can be as long as six months. Once you receive selection for the program, you must begin your internship either prior to or within one year of graduation.
- Confidentiality: You must be discreet and keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and may not publish any documents based on such information.
- Academic Credit: You may get academic credit from your institution of higher education for the internship. Check with your university to confirm their academic credit policy for internships.
For more information and details on how to apply, visit the Official Webpage of the United Nations Internship Programme