The application for the United Nations Global Compact Winter Internship 2021 is now open. These internship opportunities are for recent graduates from all over the world and the interns will be at United Nations’ New York office. The application deadline is 21st October 2021.
About the United Nations Global Compact Winter Internship
The United Nations Global Compact pursues two complementary objectives:
- making the UN Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and
- facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other collective action in support of UN goals.
Depending on their level of experience and training, UN Global Compact interns will:
- conduct research relating to the topic of corporate citizenship, especially on human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption;
- draft and edit publications, papers and other documents;
- liaise with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate citizenship topics;
- support the organization of meetings and events;
- assist with outreach activities;
- handle email and other inquiries;
- assist in the implementation of the Global Compact’s integrity measures;
- perform administrative tasks as assigned.
Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme (bachelors or second university degree, or higher) at the time of application and during the internship; or
Under some circumstances, applicants may have graduated within less than one year to commence a UN internship.
Value of Internship
Internships at UN Headquarters are unpaid. Interns must therefore be able to cover their costs of travel, accommodation, as well as living expenses during the internship period.
Duration of Internship
The timing of internships is flexible. So, candidates should apply for the following sessions:
- Winter: January to March (3 months, with possibility of a 3-month extension thereafter)
- Spring: April to June (3 months, with possibility of a 3-month extension thereafter)
- Summer: July to September (3 months, possibility of 3-month extension thereafter)
- Fall: October to December (3 months, possibility of 3-month extension thereafter)
How to Apply for the United Nations Global Compact Winter Internship
Those interested in pursuing an internship with the UN Global Compact must submit an online application at the UN Careers website.
Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage till you get to the “Search Job Openings” section and select “Internship” under the Category field, and “New York” under the Duty Station field. Click on the Search button. This will lead you to a list of various internship openings. You will need to search for the UN Global Compact internship by Job Opening ID Number.
The Global Compact Internship Job Opening Number is153532.
For more information, visit the Internship Webpages.
If you like this article “United Nations Global Compact Winter Internship”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.