Candidates for the Harvard University Aspire Leaders Program receive a host of leadership, academic, and professional development resources through a tiered application structure that reaches thousands of students globally. The program provides the following:
- Professional and Academic Grants,
- Community Action Awards, and
- Mentorship opportunities
These are available to students that complete stage five during a full year after the immersive online classroom experience.
Eligibility Criteria for the Harvard University Aspire Leaders Program
This program is for students who are from backgrounds of social and financial adversity.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 18-26 years old
- Low-income background
- First-generation to attend university (parent(s) and/or primary caregiver(s) did not complete a bachelor’s level degree)
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program or recently graduated (within three years)
- Education impacted by a natural disaster and/or armed conflict (i.e. refugees or displaced persons)
What are the program opportunities?
Through the program, students will:
- Gain access to fully-funded HarvardX courses and leadership development tools.
- Participate in live seminars with Harvard and world-class faculty.
- Exchange ideas in a virtual classroom with a global community of peers.
Application and Programme Timeline
Applications for the 2023 Aspire Leaders Program (ALP) Cycle One will open on November 16, 2022.
Below are the application deadlines:
- Early Action Deadline: December 14, 2022
- Final Deadline: January 11, 2023
Once accepted to the Aspire Leaders Program, emerging leaders will begin the mulit-stage program, if eligible, in January or February of 2023.
For more details about the program, visit the Aspire Leaders Programme website. To apply for the programme, visit the application page.
If you like this article on the “Harvard University Aspire Leaders Program”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Start the discussion at community.africaextended.com