The application for Google Research Ph.D. Internship Program 2021 is now open. Participation in the Google Research Ph.D. Internship Program 2021 requires that you are located in Canada for the duration of the internship program. This internship is intended for students who are pursuing a PhD with an anticipated graduation date on or after December 2021, depending on their program and unique circumstances.
About Google Research Ph.D. Internship Program 2021
This is a 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, an executive speaker series, and community-building. Research happens across Google everyday, in many different teams. Our research has already impacted user-facing services across Google including Search, Maps and Google Now, and is central to the success of Google Cloud and our planet-scale computing, storage, and networking infrastructure.
Research Interns aren’t cloistered in the lab, but instead they work closely with Software Engineers to discover, invent, and build at the largest scale. From creating experiments and prototyping implementations to designing new architectures, Research Interns and Software Engineers work on challenges in artificial intelligence, machine perception, data mining, machine learning, natural language understanding, privacy, computer architecture, networking, operating systems, storage and data management, and much more.
As a Research intern, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. You might also stay connected to your research roots as a contributor to the wider research community by publishing papers.
- Currently enrolled in a PhD degree in Computer Science, Linguistics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Natural Sciences or a related technical field.
- Experience in one or more areas of computer science, such as Natural Language Understanding, Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Quantum Information Science, Data Science, Privacy, Trust & Safety, Software Engineering or similar.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including: C/C++, Java, MATLAB, Go or Python.
- Available to work full time for a minimum of 12 weeks outside of university term time and returning to a degree program after completion of the internship.
- Contribution to research communities or efforts, including publishing papers in major conferences or journals.
- Relevant work experience, including internships, full time industry experience or as a researcher in a lab.
- Ability to design and execute a research agenda.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
How To Apply
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English. Visit the application page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- 1. In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume.
- 2. In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
- Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Toronto, ON, Canada; Waterloo, ON, Canada; Montreal, QC, Canada
If you like this article, share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.