Through the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards, Cartier supports women entrepreneurs who lead social enterprises in their early phases that have potential to grow significantly. The application deadline is June 30, 2022.
About the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards
Since 2006, the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards have supported 219 female entrepreneurs worldwide. Each year, 21 finalists representing 7 regions (Latin America & the Caribbean, North America, Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East & North Africa, East Asia and South Asia & Oceania) are selected during the first round of the competition. These finalists will receive invitation to attend the Awards week during which the second round of the competition takes place. After the final jury evaluation, the jury will announce 7 laureates, one for each region, during the Awards ceremony.
The Cartier Women’s Initiative Award is looking for committed female entrepreneurs heading initiatives with the potential to grow significantly in the years to come. The selection of the finalists and laureates of the competition is done by an independent international Jury of entrepreneurs, investors, business executives and other profiles engaged in the support of female entrepreneurship.
The project to be considered for the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards must be an original for-profit business creation in its initial phase (2 to 3 years old) led by a woman:
- “for-profit” requirement: the business must have plan to generate revenues. We do not accept non-profit project proposals.
- “originality” requirement: we want your project to be a new concept, conceived and imagined by the founder and her team and not a copy or subsidiary of an existing business.
- “initial phase” requirement: the project you submit should be in the first stages of its development meaning between 2 and 3 years old.
- A woman must fill the main leadership position.
- You need a good command of English to take full advantage of the benefits the Award has to offer.
- All entrants must be 18 or the age of legal majority in their respective countries or states of citizenship, whichever is older, on the day of the application deadline.
The Jury evaluates the projects based on criteria of creativity, sustainability (potential for growth) and impact.
- Creativity criterion: the Jury looks at the degree of innovation shown by the overall business concept, the uniqueness of the project on the market or country where it is being developed.
- Sustainability criterion: the Jury examines the financial impact of the business, its revenue model, development strategy and other aspects indicating its chances of long-term success and future growth.
- Impact criterion: the Jury evaluates the effect of the business on society, in terms of jobs created or its effect on the immediate or broader environment.
- Overall quality and clarity of the material presented: the Jury is looking for motivated and committed entrepreneurs who are passionate about their initiatives. Being clear and concise, organizing your ideas and not repeating yourself will show that you are serious about your application.
What the awardees stand to gain?
The 21 finalists, representing the top 3 businesses from each of the 7 regions, will receive:
- One-to-one personalized business coaching prior to the Awards week
- A series of business coaching workshops and networking sessions during the Awards week
- Media visibility for the finalists and their businesses in the months leading up to the Awards week and interview opportunities with local & international press during the Awards week
Aside the above benefits, the awardees will receive cash rewards:
- 7 laureates (1 from each region) will receive: US$ 100 000 in prize money
- 14 finalists (the two runners-up from each region) will receive: US$ 30 000 in prize money
How to Apply
For details on how to apply, click here.
For more information, visit the program webpage.
If you like this article “Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.